Popular Posts

Sunday 21 February 2016

Back Stabbers

TRUTH...


I believe that truth will set is all free.

Let me tell you a little story.
I live in Canada and from time to time, a lot it seems, I travel down to Guatemala and when there I help people in whatever way I can. 

That could be helping with money, with giving someone a bed when they have no place to sleep, giving someone a better chance at a new life by putting someone through school. 

It could also mean helping with something as simple as fixing their shower, doing some electrical work, teaching someone to drive, helping out with housing construction projects, helping out with ideas and new ways to do things.


It works. 


It works because the people I help well they become better off from my actions and it is better for me, because it makes me feel really great.

Whenever I live in Guatemala, I seem to collect things. Things being furniture, kitchen equipment, appliances, tools (to fix and help people with). 

Some of these things I use to make my life easier and others things, I use to repair things and other things I have to be able I to give away to people that needs these things.

I am not a rich man and I live on a pension when in Guatemala. 

I cannot afford to keep getting new things every-time I am in Guatemala, so then I was offered a free place to keep everything I had collected.  

This was from some people I had met and they where from Texas. They where running a parking lot in Guatemala, which is another story altogether

At the time I was very happy to accept their very kind offer.


BUT


At the time I did not know about their illegal activities. 

But what I found out later was pretty horrible as they where involved in some despicable things that involved 

drugs

alcohol

human trafficking
(The latter I feel is a rumour... but knowing them now it could be true).

But as I said, at the time all I knew is that they had a place that was being offered to me and it was (free) to store my things in, for as long as I wanted. 
I suppose looking back I should looked closer at what they where really doing.

Then something terrible happened

When I arrived back in Guatemala, they had either given away or thrown out all my belonging. 

It wasn't a lot as far as money goes, maybe 20,000 Quetzals or about $4000 CAD, but it was things I needed to assist me in helping people. 

The only explanation I got was that I had bad mouthed them to strangers. 

This is of course was totally untrue

Why on earth would I ever do that? 

I was in the business of helping not hurting people. I knew that for some reason, someone I knew or knew them had.... Back Stabbed me

So can I forgive them for their misguided actions? 

To be truthful, I am having a difficult time doing that, but I am trying. 

When it first happened, I felt like giving them a taste of their own medicine but I am not a person that is violent or into vengeance.

But then I thought that something needs to happen

So I have decided to tell the truth, the whole truth and allow everyone reading these words to be the  judge

I will not do it here, this blog is not the place for that kind of activity. 

So I have decided to put together a book that I will publish online, an eBook. Proceeds from the sale of this book will go towards helping people. 

I call the book Back Stabbers.






No comments: