Popular Posts

Friday 5 August 2011

ANGELS WANTED


I am looking for people that are Angels


I ask "Angels Wanted".. and people always ask me what do I mean? As in  what is an angel?

It is a fair question and yes one that deserves a fair answer.

An Angel is a person that wishes to be involved in assisting a project. This could be anything from donating funds, to providing marketing assistance, to promotions, to book keeping, to arranging trips, to just talking to everyone they know about a certain project.

An Angel is someone that gives their time and talent and energies to better the lives of someone else.  Angels asks for nothing in return. Angels understands the true meaning of love. 

Angels give love without conditions.

When I was in Guatemala last year I met several people all with similar if not the same passion I have and that is to give back. To provide for instance housing for people that cannot afford housing. While there are several groups doing that in Guatemala, what I/we want to accomplish is a little different.
 
Some well known organizations provide housing opportunities, but it is not for free. Someone pays that mortgage, or someone is responsible for that bank loan, someone provides that labour. Some organizations will only deal with people that have titled land. 

What about those that have no land holdings?

Who will care for them?
Who will love them enough to provide a home for them?

 Angels Wanted

I went to Guatemala 
to learn a language. 
What happened instead 
is that I found
my heart.

The experience
of being in Guatemala 
changed me
&
for the better 

Angels Wanted

Angels wanted... Yes I am looking for people, very special people. They are Angels, people who have a need to give back, to help in some way. 

Guatemala a hidden gem in Central America is the poorest country next to Haiti in the region. As in any developing country, there is no plan for any future as the struggle just to survive is a survival for a now. Survival is that basic need.   

Angels wanted
Many people do not have a home, or if they do it is not a safe one. Safe in a country that sits on eight fault lines.

 The plan I have will enable safe housing for those that cannot afford housing.

There are many groups that do this in Guatemala.They build cheaply constructed houses out of cinder block just like they built houses in Haiti.

Angels Wanted

I want to find Angels to help me build SAFE housing.

While in Guatemala I was blessed with meeting several professional people that all share my same vision. I call these people Angels.

Help us Help the People
Angels Wanted

We are presently in the planning stages setting into place an NGO that will handle this seemingly immense project. Land is being sought out in areas where housing need is critical. Support is always ongoing. 

Under this umbrella of hope and with your support, the realization of this project will go from a dream to help, to the warmth and comfort of love that a home can supply.

Angels wanted.. please help.


gavjonessm@gmail.com

No comments: